Yellowstone National Park is spread over 2 million acres of stunning wilderness, so it’s no surprise there are many natural wonders to be seen. Here are 5 of the best reasons to make Yellowstone high on your places to visit in the USA.
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone – The canyon, which is over 20 miles long and up to 1,200 feet deep, is carved by the Yellowstone River. One of its most photographed features is the 308 feet tall Lower Falls waterfall.
- Lower Geyser Basin – This is the largest geyser basin in the park. Several geothermal features can be found in clusters throughout the area including mud pots, geysers, hot springs and fumaroles.
- Yellowstone Lake – The largest alpine lake in North America. Popular with anglers, boaters and photographers alike. Visitors can hire a boat, watch cutthroat trout swim or use it as a base to explore the area.
- Lamar Valley – This area, in the northeast corner of the park, is best known for the variety of wildlife that can be spotted here – elk, moose, wolves, bison and of course bears.
- Tower Fall – This dramatic 132 foot waterfall is popular all year, especially with hikers, as there is a short but steep trail that leads from the Tower Fall General Store at the top to the thunder of water hitting the bottom for an impressive view keen photographers will love.
If this has given you some inspiration for your trip to North America then call us on 01323 446550 or email email@example.com and start planning your bespoke tailor made holiday today.