Why not visit Eastern Québec by Snowmobile?
In the maritime regions of Québec it will soon be winter with snowy snowmobile trails! Have you ever considered taking a snowmobile vacation in Gaspésie, Côte-Nord or Bas-Saint-Laurent? Then take a look at the list which is sure to make you want to plan your next snowmobile adventure in Québec.
- Heavy Snowfall and Excellent Trials – The maritime regions of Québec are renowned for their heavy snowfall, which makes for excellent trail conditions. Snowmobile trails are also well maintained thanks to the tireless efforts of local snowmobile clubs, which take care of signage and grooming.
- The St. Lawrence Seaway – One of the attractions of the regions is the proximity of the St. Lawrence. Whether you ride the trails of Côte-Nord, Bas-Saint-Laurent or Gaspésie, you will have many opportunities to admire exceptional views of this frozen seaway and be amazed by its size!
- Percé Rock – An iconic landmark in Gaspésie, Percé Rock is an impressive sight in the winter. To access the lookout where you can admire this natural arch, take the local trail in Percé from Trans-Québec trail #3. You are sure to appreciate the view!
- The world’s highest snowmobile bridge – If you visit Côte-Nord, you’ll want to cross the highest snowmobile bridge in the world, which spans the Manicouagan River. The bridge is 213 metres (700 feet) long and 28 metres (90 feet) high.
- Chic-Choc Mountains – Snowmobilers riding the trail that runs along the Chic-Chocs in Gaspésie can admire superb views of this mountain chain. This trail is part of the Chic-Chocs–Forillon Loop, which begins in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts.
- Loop ride options – Bas-Saint-Laurent offers endless ride opportunities for snowmobilers. You can easily pick a home base and then enjoy day trips every day, returning to your hotel in the evenings for delicious dinners. This is a great way to explore a different sector every day!
- Matane–Baie-Comeau/Godbout ferry – Crossing the St. Lawrence with your snowmobile is a unique experience. Take the St. Lawrence Tour and hop on the MV F.-A.-Gauthier ferry (Matane to Baie-Comeau or Godbout). During the crossing, enjoy the magnificent view while taking advantage of onboard amenities such as the restaurant, bar and lounge areas.
- Lower North Shore – Have you heard of the White Trail? This unique snow road offers an exciting way to discover the villages and people of the Lower North Shore, which is not accessible by any other road. Note that this is an expert trail; if you have never done this type of expedition before, you must travel with a guide.
- A wide range of services – The maritime regions of Québec have long been a dream destination for snowmobilers. Consequently, they offer a wide range of lodging options, good restaurants and other services that are easily accessible from the snowmobile trails.
- A warm welcome – A snowmobile trip in the maritime regions of Québec is also an opportunity to interact with the people who live in these regions. Known for enjoying the good things in life, the residents you will meet, as well as service staff, will be happy to give you tips and share their favourite spots with.
If this sounds like an experience you would like to make part of your bespoke holiday to Canada and the maritime regions of Québec then please contact us and let us help you make the most of your time there.
Call 01323 446550 or email email@example.com