The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) came into force on 25 May 2018 and will impact how we, and all companies, collect, store and use your personal information.
The purpose of this policy is to outline how Experience Holidays has established measures to protect your privacy and information rights.
We recognise that you have rights as a ‘data subject’ and that we have an obligation to uphold these.
This privacy notice aims to outline how we maintain these rights. In particular, it outlines:
• How we collect and process your information
• Why we do this
• How you can exercise your rights
• Who to contact in the event you’re unhappy with our performance
Why we collect personal information.
– When you contact us by telephone, in person, by email or through our website to enquire about our holidays or travel arrangements we will collect the data that we require to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
– The information that we collect will depend on your reason for contacting us, however this may include full names, dates of birth, address, telephone number, email address, passport information, emergency contact details, travel insurance, height and weight information, payment details and specific requirements or requests relating to a disability or medical condition that may affect your travel arrangements plus any dietary requirements.
– You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to you acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Your right to be informed
This encompasses the obligation for us to be transparent in how we collect and use your personal data.
Your right of access
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
How we use personal information
– The information that we collect is used to complete and fulfil the travel reservations or information that you have requested from us, and any future enquiries and reservations that you make with us. Quite often we will need to pass on your details for immigration purposes via airlines/suppliers and when booking your itinerary and tours/trips with local suppliers. If you fail to provide the information as requested, we will not be able to fulfil the services requested by you. This information forms part of your contract with us.
– If, when providing your information to us or at a later stage, you have agreed to receive our email and postal communications not relating to your specific travel arrangements then the required data may also be used for this purpose. Experience Holidays like to keep you updated with current travel news and our publications in the form of e-newsletters (usually monthly but not limited to this), and our up to date newsletter leaflets/booklets by post (usually yearly but not limited to this). You can be removed from these communications at any time by contacting us by telephone or email to update your preferences.
Right to object
You have the right to object to our processing under certain circumstances. For example, you can object to:
direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
How we store all personal data collected
– Some of this data is stored on our internal computer systems, and paper versions within a secure cabinet and room.
– All paperwork produced regarding your reservation will be archived one month after your return date and stored securely for the next 6 years or longer if required by law to support our legal and regulatory requirements. This does not include sensitive information such as passport details, account details etc these are all securely destroyed once we have used them to provide your holiday arrangements. We will never retain them.
– Information stored on our internal computer system will stay stored permanently so we are able to refer back to them as need be, this is protected with an up to date anti-virus software. If you object to this retention, then please contact us by telephone or email.
Your right to rectification
If the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request we correct this.
Your right to erasure
You can request we delete or remove personal data where there is no compelling reason us to continue processing
Who we share it with
– The information that you provide to us will be disclosed with the suppliers of various elements that make up your reservations, such as airlines, our local suppliers and providers and hotels. This information is often required for immigration and security purposes when travelling overseas and may be passed on through the airline for such purposes.
– We may need to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing or other services.
– Any card payment details given to us via email or over the phone are destroyed securely once payment has been accepted, they will never be stored on file.
– We also have people that may see your data but will never use it such as our IT controller and our software provider who need to access our booking system to maintain or update it from time to time.
– Personal information will only be used in fulfilling your booking and will never be shared with anyone else.
Links to other websites & their security & privacy policies
In our website we also provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Please be aware that these sites may have different security & privacy policies and we have no control over and take no responsibility for any information submitted to these sites.
We recognise that you may have questions on how we process and/or store your data or may want to change either the data we hold on you or how we communicate with you in the future.
If you have given consent for processing, you are free to withdraw that consent. To let us know this is the case please contact us.
If you have any questions in respect of this notice, or would like to exercise your rights as a data subject (for example, to correct data or to exercise your right to access):
Vicki Tester, as data controller, can be contacted as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01323 446550
If you are unhappy that we have not responded to your query adequately, of if you have a further complaint, The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted on Tel: 0303 123 1113
Your rights are…
If you would like to review your rights, then please click here to view the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) site. If you have given consent for processing, then you also have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us by telephone or email.
Your right to restrict processing
You have the right to request we cease processing your data, if:
• You consider it inaccurate or incomplete;
• Where you object to processing and we are considering whether we still have a legitimate interest to process it.
• Where we don’t need the data for the original reason we collected it, but may need it to support a legal claim
Your right to data portability
Where you have consented to our processing your data, or where the processing is necessary for us to deliver a contract, you can request a copy of that data be provided to a third party in electronic form.